cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

No results displayed for analysis jobs

xzhang36
6-Contributor

No results displayed for analysis jobs

Hi @nsampat @Elena2 ,

Has this probelm been solved? I probably meet the same problem. The Analysis Jobs cannot work any more but other modules of Analytics are all OK. we donnot know how to solve this probelm. we will appreciate it if you have some good ideas.

9 REPLIES 9
nsampat
17-Peridot
(To:xzhang36)

@xzhang36 ,

Can you provide the following information:

Version/Build Information for the following:

• ThingWorx Platform Server
  • ThingWorx Analytics Server
  • ThingWorx Analytics Extensions

Have you also verified that the provider you are using is connected?

Here is the 8.5 HelpCenter link with information around Analysis Providers and connectivity: http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_analytics_8/#page/analytics%2FAnalysisServices_WorkingWithProviders.html%23

Are you seeing any errors in the Application Log or Communication Log?

Regards,

Neel

xzhang36
6-Contributor
(To:nsampat)

@nsampat 

Thanks for your reply. The version used are as following:

ThingWorx 8.5.5-b103

Analytics Server Version: 8.5.1-r4

Analytics Builder extension: 8.5.4

Analytics Console extension: 8.5.4

After the model has been built,  we try to build a job in Analytics job, there is no reaction after click submit button. And the page of Ananlytics job are always excalmatory mark these days.

Our Ananlytics extension works well in the past weeks, as we have used the Ananlytics job to do some demos. However, we don't how it happens at present.

Thanks for your assistance.

nsampat
17-Peridot

@xzhang36 ,

Thank you for that information. Have you reviewed your Analysis Providers in Analytics Manager? As in verify that it is connect by doing the following: click on the Provider, then View, then Connected Clients?

Did you review the logs I indicated? Application Log, Communication Log

In order to assist you further, I would require your feedback on those questions.

Regards,

Neel

xzhang36
6-Contributor

@nsampat Thanks for your timely reply.

When I click the 'View' , a notification as following presents:

"Analysis Services pending Restart! Try Settings->Restart after Upgrade"

In the connected clients page, there is no related inforamtion as I attached in the picture.

There is no realted error in Application log and Communication log.

Thanks very much.

CharlesJi
14-Alexandrite

Hi @xzhang36, looks like you have just performed an update recently?

Try to click that "Restart after Upgrade" button and check again in this Settings page until you can make sure the Analytics Server thing is connected.

xzhang36
6-Contributor
(To:CharlesJi)

I clicked the "Restart after Upgrade" button and then it becomes "Prepare for upgrade" then there is no other reactions. 

I can see the analytics server is always connected in the Settings. The Analysis providers, Analysis models, Analysis events all can show nomally. However the Analysis jobs page is always full of "!" marks.

nsampat
17-Peridot

@xzhang36 ,

Based on the information provided, you may need to upgrade your Analytics Server deployment as the Extensions mismatch may be the cause of your issues.

Please download, and install the ThingWorx Analytics Server 8.5.4 to match your Analytics Extensions 8.5.4.

After you complete that, please make sure you follow the upgrade process for Analytics Manager detailed here:

http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_analytics_8/#page/analytics%2Fupgrade_extension.html%23

Regards,

Neel

xzhang36
6-Contributor

@nsampat 

Thanks for your replay. I uninstalled the Thingworx Analytics whole extensions and reinstalled it again with version 8.5. However, it didn't work as well. Then I uninstalled the Thingworx server and reinstalled again with version 8.5 so that the server and extension are all 8.5. But it's also found that the Analysis Jobs in Analysis Manager couldn't show the right information as well.

Now I have no idea about fixing the probelm except for reinstalling the whole Thingworx again. I would appreciate it if you could give some other suggestions.

Thanks!

nsampat
17-Peridot

@xzhang36 ,

It may be best if you open a case to receive additional assistance as we will have to have a TSE review additional items that cannot be shared via Community.

You can open a case here: https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/cs/auth/ssl/log

Regards,

Neel

Top Tags