Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to deploy Thingworx post loading (bad) extension

Garnet

Getting the following, how do I recover? Loaded a custom extension, must be something wrong with it that caused this.

INFO: Deploying web application archive F:\tomcat\webapps\Thingworx.war

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.thingworx.thingtemplates.ThingTemplate.getImplementations(ThingTe

mplate.java:1986)

at com.thingworx.system.entities.ThingWorxEntityManager.initializeImplem

entationRelationshipsForEntity(ThingWorxEntityManager.java:257)

at com.thingworx.system.entities.ThingWorxEntityManager.initializeImplem

entationRelationships(ThingWorxEntityManager.java:269)

at com.thingworx.system.ThingWorxServer.Initialize(ThingWorxServer.java:

158)

at com.thingworx.system.ThingWorxBootstrapper.contextInitialized(ThingWo

rxBootstrapper.java:132)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContex

t.java:5016)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContex

t.java:5524)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase

.java:901)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:87

7)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:649)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:1081

3 REPLIES 3

Vinay,

Do you have an export of your entities and data? Is this an extension you developed?

Yes. I can provide the extension zip, no data. It was just minor changes to the Hello extension, I realized that metadata.xml had an issue later. But what I would really like to do is to get it back up for the other work that I did on that instance.

After restoring 'data' from backup was able to go back to previous state. Have backed up the latest 'data' is required for debugging