cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Not able to license thingworx

vartush
1-Newbie

Not able to license thingworx

Hello,

im not able to relicense my thingworx 8.4 with eclipse extension.

When I try to license thingworx via Licensing subsystem, I get the following error:

"Unable to Invoke Service AcquireLicense on LicensingSubsystem : Unable to acquire ptc_navigate_view: Trusted storage hostid does not match system hostid.[Ljava.lang.StackTraceElement;@7d003582"

What is the reason for this?
We double checked the Device Id, so this shouldnt be the Problem.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

Seems to be an issue with trusted storage and this need to be verified in a Support case.

Please open a case with PTC Support.

Thank you,

Raluca Edu

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:raluca_edu)

Hi @vartush.

It sounds like you are either using a license for another system or something happened to change your Device ID.  If ThingWorx is running, log in to Composer and browse to Subsystems > Licensing Subsystem.  Select Services and execute the GetInstanceID service.  This will return the Device ID to be used for generating a new license.

If you're unable to perform the above steps, a case will be needed to work through the issue.  I will be happy to open one on your behalf.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:vartush)

Hi @vartush.

If one of the previous responses allowed you to find a solution, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags