cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Open popup on Event

csmith-21
1-Newbie

Open popup on Event

Hi,

I'm looking to open up an information popup within a mashup when an event happens.

I have a counter, when that reaches zero, I want the popup to open with some information.

Currently I have only found how to open the popup using the Navigation widget.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:csmith-21)

Wire the boolean into a Validation Widget to get an actual event that can fire the Navigation.

set the Widget to auto evaluate and again make it invisible

be sure to define a parameter for in the Widget configuration that you can wire the boolean to

after that in the expression just use inameofyourvariable == true

and then you can use the On True and On False events to trigger other services like Navigate

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

The Navigate action that opens the pop-up can be initiated with a mashup event (vs. having to click the button)

so you can use the navigation widget, make it invisible, and fire it with an event.

Thank you Pai. That's exactly what I was trying to do. I'll give it another shot this evening and comeback with any queries if that's ok?

I have a boolean variable in my thing data that's passed into the mashup. That's what I want to use to trigger the event.

Hi Pai,

I am still having a problem with this.

I have a Boolean Variable that changes based on a script I'm running within my thing template.

if( value == 1)

{

boolVar = true;

}

else

{

boolVar = false;

}

In my mashup I'm pulling back GetPropertiesValues and getting the row that contains my boolean variable.

In the console, my variable is changing from true to false as expected when conditions are met.

How do I link the navigation widget 'navigation' event to fire with the 'true' value of the boolean I'm pulling back?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Chris

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Wire the boolean into a Validation Widget to get an actual event that can fire the Navigation.

set the Widget to auto evaluate and again make it invisible

be sure to define a parameter for in the Widget configuration that you can wire the boolean to

after that in the expression just use inameofyourvariable == true

and then you can use the On True and On False events to trigger other services like Navigate

Thank You.

Top Tags