cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Operator Advisor ConvertFromProcessPlanID without duplicates

JO_9930585
11-Garnet

Operator Advisor ConvertFromProcessPlanID without duplicates

Currently, if you run ConvertFromProcessPlanID and the process plan has already been converted, it creates another one identical. Is there a built in service that can avoid converting a process plan if it has already been converted? If not, how would I go about this? 

I can getProcessPlans and see all of the available process plans in windchill but then I am unsure how to correlate these to the ones we have already converted. The ID in getProcessPlans doesn't get placed into any of the tables when you convert the process plan. Ideally we should be able to do something like this...

1) getProcessPlans ( from windchill )

2) query twx OA database for all process plans

3) exclude any process plans that exist in both twx and windchill

4) convertFromProcessPlanID ( for the remaining process plans that are new, if any)

My issue is step 3 I am unsure how to compare the 2 databases since the ID's differ and the convertFromProcessPlanID spreads the process plan into many tables within the twx OA sql database.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jensc
17-Peridot
(To:JO_9930585)

Hello,

I think what we did was to control the process plans that we had in our OA DB using the windchill ID (something like this: 0000001201M).
Although I am not sure if this is saved out of the box or if it is something we have added ourselves.

Once you have checked if the process plan already exist, you can also check if the effective date and version are the same as the old one before deciding on if you should convert it or not.

If you do not have the windchill ID it will be difficult to match them as you say.

We have saved this ID in the "ID" field of the workdefinition table.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Regards,

Jens

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jensc
17-Peridot
(To:JO_9930585)

Hello,

I think what we did was to control the process plans that we had in our OA DB using the windchill ID (something like this: 0000001201M).
Although I am not sure if this is saved out of the box or if it is something we have added ourselves.

Once you have checked if the process plan already exist, you can also check if the effective date and version are the same as the old one before deciding on if you should convert it or not.

If you do not have the windchill ID it will be difficult to match them as you say.

We have saved this ID in the "ID" field of the workdefinition table.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Regards,

Jens

Announcements

Top Tags