cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

PDFExport extension, no Brazil location in list of timezones

bbeuckSIG
15-Moonstone

PDFExport extension, no Brazil location in list of timezones

Dear community,

I am using PDFExport extension to create pdf files of mashups. Very important is the support of timezones as we run Thingworx around the globe. One of our plants is in Curitiba, Brazil. Unfortunately the available list of timezones does not support any location in Brazil (or I am blind - which would the easiest yet most embarassing solution), all my reports are showing the "wrong" (for local users) UTC timestamps.

Checking the code I traced it back to the jbrowserdriver library, the related class on github is here:
https://github.com/MachinePublishers/jBrowserDriver/blob/master/src/com/machinepublishers/jbrowserdriver/Timezone.java

So apparently there is no chance to add a timezone other than adding it to a list in a project which hasn't been touched since 2018.

Any ideas what I could do? Especially I hope for @VladimirRosu  (or @VladimirRosu ?).

Thank you
Benny

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @bbeuckSIG 

Thanks for looking inside jbrowserdriver. Not many users go that deep.

It is indeed strange to observe that omission, since it's not the only one. I would have expected they use a pre-built library of timezones from another library, something more complete.

To be frank, I'm not really sure what to do in this situation. If you are good with Java and Maven, it seems that rebuilding that library is not something hard to do, I mean you just need one line.

Considering on ThingWorx you'd need to approach this with a conversion service of sorts, I feel that modifying the jbrowser driver library would be the fastest approach.

After that I can give you the source code of the PDF Extension and do a quick recompilation (at least the one I have in my workspace - many users modified their library so I'm not sure exactly which one you use).

Sorry I can't help more. Maybe somebody else has a better idea?

Hello @VladimirRosu ,

first of all, thanks for your immediate response, very appreciated.

I am not certain on how to continue. I agree, compiling my own version of jBrowserDriver is certainly the straightest solution. Unfortunately I don't have a dev environment available at the moment.

I am using the version of PDFExport available at github, no changes or additions made (so far).

In case I really take that step (somehow) to compile a new jBrowserDriver I may also want to update the dependencies. That's something I wanted to try for a long time as it may also improve other issues (e. g. "blurry effect" as stated here).

Thanks again, I will keep you posted.

Benny

Top Tags