cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

PDFExport not working on Red Hat Linux

mkhalid1
1-Newbie

PDFExport not working on Red Hat Linux

I have installed the PDFExport extension on Thingworx 7.2.4 on my local machine (Windows 10, Tomcat 8), then it works perfectly.

But when I installed on the our production server (Thingworx 7.2.4, Red Hat Linux, Tomcat 8), then createPDF service of the extension remain busy and never ends up ... there is no entry in Application log...

I've created openings inward to the server on ports 10000-10007, but no effects.

I've created my own extension to generate simple pdf, that extension works and generates pdf file and saves the file into a FileRepository. So there is no issue of creating files on the server.

Could you help me to use the PDFExport extension on our production server?

33 REPLIES 33

Just in case: did you install the Ubuntu specific packages that are listed in the PDF documentation from the Marketplace?

Regarding your questions:
1. Only the ones from the documentation.
2. You should not need to pass the appkey in the URL - even if you can do this.
qngo
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirRosu)

I can finally get it to work after installing:

• last build of Orack jdk1.8.0_92 (that contains "jfxrt.jar")
  • gtk 2.0 (for JavaFX as required from Oracle)
  • openjfx (for jBrowserDriver)

Now there's another problem. The pdf is created from the mashup re-loaded separately (with the credential giving when calling the service CreatePDF). It's not the same as the one that is already opened. And the user has to enter again the username and password.

In addition, the mashup reloaded by the service doesn't have any logic of navigation with it. It's possible that the pdf generated contains only the layout of the mashup, without data.

Hi Quang,

The usecase for the extension is generally to save a Report as PDF. The mashups that you deliver as an input must have all their filtering in the URL, so please use URL parameters added to the Link.

The purpose of the service is not to be used directly, as with any other service in ThingWorx (as a general best practice), but to be wrapped into another service where you set all the needed parameters and then execute.

BR,

Vladimir

qngo
5-Regular Member
(To:qngo)

Hi Vladimir,

I see, thank you for your answer. I will use the extension in that way.

BR,

Quang-Dung

Top Tags