cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Parsley Parser

tcoufal
12-Amethyst

Parsley Parser

Hi,

I have just noticed that new extension is out.

JSON Parser Parsley this time.

Does anyone know what are the benefits using this extension compare to traditional way of having json object in JSON property a accessing individual nodes through dots or square brackets?

i.e.

var resultJson = me.getResultsAsJson();

var lastTimestamp = resultJson.timestamp;

me.lastTestDateTime = parseDateISO(lastTimestamp);

// choose only DATA

var arr = resultJson.data;

and so on...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ttielebein
12-Amethyst
(To:tcoufal)

It looks like with this new extension, you can give the ParseJSON service a format through which to read the datetime (so you don't have to give it in milliseconds now, though you still could). You can also give it a data shape and it will return an info table with that data shape, so that's neat because there are all kinds of cool manipulations you can do to info tables which you can't do for just strings of json, and it's all automatic.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ttielebein
12-Amethyst

It looks like with this new extension, you can give the ParseJSON service a format through which to read the datetime (so you don't have to give it in milliseconds now, though you still could). You can also give it a data shape and it will return an info table with that data shape, so that's neat because there are all kinds of cool manipulations you can do to info tables which you can't do for just strings of json, and it's all automatic.

tcoufal
12-Amethyst
(To:ttielebein)

Thanks, used it, love it.

Speeds up my services quite a bit

jamesm1
5-Regular Member

Thanks for the feedback :-) I put together this extension so I was really happy to see it show up here and that it's helpful! If you have any feedback or run into any issues with it, please let me know. I'm looking for future enhancements such as adding XML parsing in, etc, in a future update.

Top Tags