cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Permissions to Reposition Gadgets persistently per Drag-and-Drop in Dashboard

IPA
10-Marble
10-Marble

Permissions to Reposition Gadgets persistently per Drag-and-Drop in Dashboard

Hi,

I am logging in as a User I created and I am trying to arrange the gadgets in a dashboard I created as the User by dragging and dropping them to the desired position. The problem is that when I refresh the dashboard mashup / log out and log in the gadgets' arrangement is reset to the default arrangement. Everything else I can do as User: edit Dashboard, edit Groups, edit Gadgets, even drag-and-drop Groups persistently.

If i log in as Administrator and change the position of gadgets per drag-and-drop the new arrangement is persistently stored, i.e. the new gadgets' arrangement is still there after refreshing.

The User has been granted all Resources Collection and Subsystems Collection Permissions. Also he has all Dashboards Collection Permissions. The fact that the Administrator can persistently reposition gadgets and the User cannot suggests that I am missing some permissions for the User. Any ideas?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
IPA
10-Marble
10-Marble
(To:IPA)

So, I managed to find the solution to this problem by looking over the various REST messages through the Developer Tools monitor of my internet browser.

Besides the permissions listed in Dashboard Configuration you also need the following permissions on the "DashboardChange" Data Shape (this is a system object):

• Visibility
  • Read
  • All Runtime permissions

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ytella
17-Peridot

Hi, Could you please verify if the user has create, read and update design permissions on the dashboard?

For users to create and edit dashboards, they must have design permissions for dashboards.

To use existing dashboards, the user must have the ability to read and update that specific dashboard.

IPA
10-Marble
10-Marble
(To:ytella)

Hi, the dashboard was created by the User himself. The User has all permissions on the dashboard.

IPA
10-Marble
10-Marble

So, I managed to find the solution to this problem by looking over the various REST messages through the Developer Tools monitor of my internet browser.

Besides the permissions listed in Dashboard Configuration you also need the following permissions on the "DashboardChange" Data Shape (this is a system object):

• Visibility
  • Read
  • All Runtime permissions
Top Tags