cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Persistent infotable

iguerra
14-Alexandrite

Persistent infotable

I have in a thing an infotable property that is set as persistent.

I get that if I restart the thing (with its service) , all the infotable data is retained correctly

but if I restart the platform (Tomcat) not all data is retained, seems there is an old "snapshot" of the infotable

NOTE: the datashape of such infotable has an infotable inside .... so one of the Fields of such infotable is another infotable (just an integer array). It is this "embedded" infotable that seems to lose data.

Don't know if this infotable "field"  is different from a basic variable like int number or string....

Restarting the thing, or restarting Tomcat shouldn't be the same for this behaviour (data loss) ?

Seems no ... so I can't test easily if infotable data is retained ...

4 REPLIES 4
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:iguerra)

Hello.

It may be best to open up a Technical Support case for this issue.

Thanks,

-- Craig A.

That's actually true, the data in infotable property is not usually safe, especially infotable in an infotable. The value changes inside the infotable property won't trigger the "ValueChange event".

The infotable values are kept in memory, the property is only used as temperory data (matrix) holder, if you want to keep the data long enough, they should be stored in Stream or DataTable.  

To update persistent infotable properties you always need to set the whole property:

var infotableToModify = me.myInfotableProperty;

infotableToModify."change whatever";

me.myInfotableProperty = infotableToModify;

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:CarlesColl)

Hi @iguerra.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for using our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags