cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Printing preview takes too long or never load

RG_10173688
3-Visitor

Printing preview takes too long or never load

I am working on ThingWorx 8.
The problem is that I have a mashup with many "value display" widgets contained in another mashup.
When I try to print the webpage from Chrome or Edge (ctrl+p) it will never load the preview and if I close the dialog box then the page will freeze or crash.
If I remove the widgets from the contained mashup, but keeping the widget that containes it in the other mashup, it works fine and load the preview.

I also tried using a print widget from an extension but is the same.

In some cases where another mashup has similar characteristics this does not happen and that seems unusual.

If any had a similar issue before I'd appreciate hearing from you.

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:RG_10173688)

Hi @RG_10173688 

Since you only have the problem with the one mashup, is there something regarding the design of that mashup that is causing the issue?  Do you have any performance problems with that mashup?  It may be necessary to address any performance issues to resolve the printing issue.

You indicated you were running ThingWorx 8.  Can you be more specific?  8.0, 8.4.5, 8.5.7?  Do you have a ThingWorx 9 server, you could test it on?

Regards.

--Sharon

I had print preview taking almost exactly 2 minutes to load each time. Web Page and content type (PDF, google doc, html) did not matter. For my machine it was a messed up Preferences file in the Default folder. So if you have the same issue then try this: Open a file folder. Make sure in the VIEW tab window settings "Hidden Items" is checked to enable Goto directory C:\Users<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default Delete the file \Preferences That's what worked for my machine. I did not have this issue on my other computers which are all synced in Chrome to the same google Account. Updates didn't help because they didn't change the default Preference file.  OneCognizant Login

Hi @slangley 

Thanks for your reply. I don't have performance issues in that mashup. I had also identified some others with the same issue but they are very different one to another. I can not find a pattern to understand why this is happening.

About the design I have other mashups more complex than this and work fine.

To test it on a newer version of ThingWorx server is not possible. I am using "ThingWorx 8.5.6-b110".

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:RG_10173688)

Hi @RG_10173688.

I'm not sure what else to check since your mashup seems to be performing as expected otherwise.  Did you try the suggestion made by @ES_10363508?

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags