cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Problem Link FileUpload Widget

ljam
9-Granite

Problem Link FileUpload Widget

Hello,

I have a problem with "FileName" variable from "FileUpload" wiget. I am trying to connect this variable with a string variable from one thing, but the file name of user don´t show in the string variable. Do you know if "fileUpload" widget is working in Thingworx 8.4? Could you help me with that?

"RepositoryName" is showing correctly in "Repository" but "FileName" not.

Thank you in advance,

BR

Luis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rajesh_Sayana
12-Amethyst
(To:ljam)

Please write a service that accepts an input of type string. Inside the service assign the input to the "FileName" property of the thing. Return the same "FileName" as an output from the service and bind it to a label on your MashUp. 

Finally, bind the service to the "UploadComplete" option of the FileUpload widget. Your binding should look similar to the attached binding.  

Please find the attached service for your reference. 

Best regards,

Rajesh.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Rajesh_Sayana
12-Amethyst
(To:ljam)

Please write a service that accepts an input of type string. Inside the service assign the input to the "FileName" property of the thing. Return the same "FileName" as an output from the service and bind it to a label on your MashUp. 

Finally, bind the service to the "UploadComplete" option of the FileUpload widget. Your binding should look similar to the attached binding.  

Please find the attached service for your reference. 

Best regards,

Rajesh.

It worked.

Thank you Rajesh!

Top Tags