cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

PurgeAllPropertyHistory has no effect

pjoly
11-Garnet

PurgeAllPropertyHistory has no effect

Hello

Hello

I have a thing using a value stream for different properties. (Thingworx 7.4.9-b47) 

I want to clean the values logged for test.

I'm using PurgeAllPropertyHistory() service (using "Test") on the thing with start & end date to cover all data recorded but when I use QueryPropertyHistory() I still have all data.

There is no error in script & application log.

I tried to put the PurgeAllPropertyHistory () in a service attached to the thing template but still same issue.

Any idea  ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mnarang
17-Peridot
(To:pjoly)

PurgeAllPropertyHistory() works fine .Even i just tested and able to purge all data in value stream .Make sure your properties are not getting updated even when you are trying to purge .I mean the sdk/kepware should not push values when you are trying to purge .Otherwise all values will purged but you might see new pushed values with latest time stamp in stream .Also just to make clear the first selection of date is end date and the second selection is start date .Sometime we get confuse and put start date in first selection and end date in second selection .

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mnarang
17-Peridot
(To:pjoly)

PurgeAllPropertyHistory() works fine .Even i just tested and able to purge all data in value stream .Make sure your properties are not getting updated even when you are trying to purge .I mean the sdk/kepware should not push values when you are trying to purge .Otherwise all values will purged but you might see new pushed values with latest time stamp in stream .Also just to make clear the first selection of date is end date and the second selection is start date .Sometime we get confuse and put start date in first selection and end date in second selection .

pjoly
11-Garnet
(To:mnarang)

@mnarang wrote:

Also just to make clear the first selection of date is end date and the second selection is start date .Sometime we get confuse and put start date in first selection and end date in second selection .

Thanks a lot mnarang

That's was my mistake in the generic service  : end date first and start date after made the confusion ... I See I'am not the first

I made it clear and in the good direction in my own service now.

Regards

Top Tags