cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Query about GenericThing and RemoteThing template

cgoma
12-Amethyst

Query about GenericThing and RemoteThing template

Hi,

I had created two things using GenericThing and RemoteThing template. I had created "testThingGeneric" using "GenericThing" template. But when I am seeing the properties for the thing, no property is inherited from Generic thing. I had created "testThingRemote" from "RemoteThing" template. When I am seeing the properties for that thing I can see properties like "isConnected" and "lastConnection" inherited from "RemoteThing" template. But we I am seeing the "RemoteThing" template I can see it inherited those properties from "GenericThing" template.

Also what does the isConnected property indicates. Please find attached screenshot for more information

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
raluca_edu
17-Peridot
(To:cgoma)

Hi,

That is a visualization issue, corrected in the new Thingworx version 8.5.

Instead of Generic Thing inheritance in Remote Thing Template, is actually Connectable Thing Shape.

Thank you,

Raluca Edu

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
raluca_edu
17-Peridot

Hi,

Generic Thing Template is the base for Remote Thing template, so testGenericThing has no inherited properties , only the ones from the Generic Template.

In the RemoteTestThing you are seeing inherited properties because the Remote Thing Template is created from the Generic Thing template, so it is normal to see inherited properties.

isConnected property from remote Thing is a boolean property showing whether the thing is connected with remote device or not.

Best regards,

Raluca Edu

cgoma
12-Amethyst
(To:raluca_edu)

Hi,

I am still not sure following line of your reply

"Generic Thing Template is the base for Remote Thing template, so testGenericThing has no inherited properties , only the ones from the Generic Template."

If you see the "RemoteThing" template, you can verify that "RemoteThing" had inherited properties like(i.e

isConnected, isLastConnection") from "GenericThing"

raluca_edu
17-Peridot

Hi,

That is a visualization issue, corrected in the new Thingworx version 8.5.

Instead of Generic Thing inheritance in Remote Thing Template, is actually Connectable Thing Shape.

Thank you,

Raluca Edu

Top Tags