cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Question about authorization in Thingworx

tarik
6-Contributor

Question about authorization in Thingworx

Hi There,

I'm developing a Resource for thingworx as an extension, from this resource I'm trying to access a property of a thing, this thing grant the read and write permissions in design and runtime for the System user, but I have this message when I'm trying to access the property saying: 

Not authorized for PropertyRead on Propery_name in ThingName

could you help me please solving this issue,

Thanks and regards,
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tarik
6-Contributor
(To:tarik)

now I know why I had this error, when I'm accessing the thing's property from inside a sub-thread, ı have this error, but if I access it from the main thread of the Resource it goes without errors. Same things I had before when I was trying to call AddDataTableEntry's service of a dataTable from inside a sub-thread, I didn't have an error but the row wasn't added. if anyone knows the reason behind this behavior please let us know also

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
tarik
6-Contributor
(To:tarik)

now I know why I had this error, when I'm accessing the thing's property from inside a sub-thread, ı have this error, but if I access it from the main thread of the Resource it goes without errors. Same things I had before when I was trying to call AddDataTableEntry's service of a dataTable from inside a sub-thread, I didn't have an error but the row wasn't added. if anyone knows the reason behind this behavior please let us know also

Top Tags