cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Questions about trying out Thingworx Foundation

CW_10483065
3-Visitor

Questions about trying out Thingworx Foundation

Hi members of the PTC community, I have a couple of questions regarding trying out the products and solutions of PTC. Basically, my company is exploring some possible directions for innovation, one of which is IIoT, and to verify the feasibility of the said direction we are thinking about creating interconnectivity and interoperability for the heterogenous devices in our new headquarter. Some of the products from PTC catch our eyes, including Kepserverex and Thingworx Foundation. For Kepware I can easily find the download link for the trial version of Kepserverex and it works like a charm, so I can get a grip of what IS Kepware and understand what it is for. But for Thingworx Foundation, I don't even get the foggiest idea of what IS this, as I can't find any information about where to try out Thingworx or purchase it and the only official trial link for trying out Thingworx has been shut down as early as January 2022. I have left my contact information on the PTC website and reached out to one of the sales representatives in my region, but they just flat-out said their main revenue comes from selling Kepware (specially Kepserverex), that even they themselves don't understand what does Thingworx do nor have they sold many copies of it. It makes me wonder how come PTC makes this product so peculiar, mysterious, and hard to get. 
Some might suggest reading the product documentation from the official PTC website. I have tried browsing through it but I don't know is it just me or do others could feel the same that the product information on PTC.com is a cluster of mess, I don't see this information could found the basis of our purchase decision whatsoever.

Any assistance to this matter is greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @CW_10483065 

Glad to hear that you have had success with Kepware. ThingWorx is a little harder to define. It is more like having a tool box of tools and asking what can I build.  Since you are currently using Kepware, the information which is being collected can be displayed in a manor which helps the operational personal understand what is taking place. ThingWorx also works with other product which provide value in managing data.
If you can provide information in regard to the industry you are working and the type of things you are considering. I will try to get someone from the sales organization to answer your questions and provide an evaluation license. 

There is an event taking place "LiveWorx", there should be many different presentations which should be available with that event.

Let me know what you need and I will see if I can find the proper resource to answer your questions.

Regards,
Pehowe  

Hi Pehowe,

Thanks very much for the provided information. I work in a company that specializes in cloud computing solutions and we are considering expanding the reach of our private cloud computing products to prospective clients in the industrial field. As per our knowledge and past experience, private cloud computing products need to take the customers' specific needs into consideration, and clients often have unique needs respective to their fields. One of the prospective clients in the industrial field who is building a new production line reached out to us saying they view our cloud computing solutions favorably but showed concern over the potential side effects and destabilization due to software virtualization and cloud deployment. Thus we are thinking about conducting a series of feasibility tests to maintain the system's robustness using parts of the client's information system and some of the software they are using, including Thingworx. In the meantime, we are also considering creating a smart building management experience in our new headquarter which is due to be completed and opened next year, and as far as I know, Thingworx can also be utilized for smart building management for creating device interconnectivity and interoperability.  

In the meantime, I will also take a look at the Liveworx event. Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Richard

Top Tags