cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

REST API - Creating a Thing and License Error

vieirac1
9-Granite

REST API - Creating a Thing and License Error

Hello,

I have a customer using Thingworx 8.5 on Linux with Postgres and using a temporary license,

They can create things using the composer, no issues, but whenever they try to create a thing using the REST API, they get an error saying that "LICENSE IS NOT INSTALLED", as you can see attached,

Please, any ideas?

Tks,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Chris,

I have not tested this with a temporary license. Please review my settings and compare to your Postman configuration.

Transaction:

POST   http://<IP  Address>:<port>/Thingworx/Resources/EntityServices/Services/CreateThing

In the Headers Tab

• appkey   :  <your app key value>
  • Content-Type : application/json
  • accept : text/csv

In the Body Tab

• raw
  • {"name":"MyAPIThing","description":"My API Thing","thingTemplateName":"GenericThing"}

The value for the AppKey is from ThingWorx "Browse -> Security -> Application Key -> <keyname>"

The AppKey needs to be associated to a user which has the privilege to create things. 

Let me know if this helps.

Peter

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello Chris,

I have not tested this with a temporary license. Please review my settings and compare to your Postman configuration.

Transaction:

POST   http://<IP  Address>:<port>/Thingworx/Resources/EntityServices/Services/CreateThing

In the Headers Tab

• appkey   :  <your app key value>
  • Content-Type : application/json
  • accept : text/csv

In the Body Tab

• raw
  • {"name":"MyAPIThing","description":"My API Thing","thingTemplateName":"GenericThing"}

The value for the AppKey is from ThingWorx "Browse -> Security -> Application Key -> <keyname>"

The AppKey needs to be associated to a user which has the privilege to create things. 

Let me know if this helps.

Peter

Top Tags