cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Re: Expert Session: ThingWorx DevOps QuickStart Guide

soumya-hcl
8-Gravel

How can we build a pipeline using Jenkins, GitHub and ThingWorx Git extension.

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:soumya-hcl)

You can leverage the SourceControlFunctions Resource together with the FileRepository services

together you can do things like Export or Import for Source Control and Download/Upload files

Using the Git Extension its relatively straight forward. 

Add the extension and then review the videos mentioned with the extension.

My suggestion is you use projects and local repos (push and pull from GIT) and then import source control entities from the pulled repose to get updates from team members. 

Each developer should try to have a self contained project to work on and use dependent projects for common entities

Once you have a basic setup working you can use the standard importing from a pulled repo that was added to a defined thx repository. Use import action to update projects into a Test, QA or production. 

I understand the idea of automation and continuous build which is under investigation by R&D but using the GIT extension and some manual imports is a good approach. I like to know the state and condition of each server and push when ready. Imports are really an incremental push.

Steve

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:sgreywilson)

Hi @soumya-hcl.

If one of the previous suggestions allowed you to solve your issue, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others that may have the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags