cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Received Value for ThingWatcher xzy but ThingWatcher does not exist.

drichter
14-Alexandrite

Received Value for ThingWatcher xzy but ThingWatcher does not exist.

Hi,

I have some things which based on a template. On one values of the templates I add a alert of type anomaly with the new composer. Since I add this alert I get this warning for every thing where I change the property:

"Received Value for ThingWatcher [THINGNAME-PROPERTYNAME-ALERTNAME] but ThingWatcher does not exist."

I thing this had something todo with the fact that the alert is bind with the template and not with the thing itself.

newcomposer.png

I can say that the thing have to override the alert:

newcomposer2.png

This copy the alert into the thing and the warning it not longer displayed. Additionally the status of the alert is switching from nothing to "Initialized". But this is a stupid way if you had many things.

It's there any other solution?

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

I have the same issue with ThingWatcher :

Schermata 2017-09-06 alle 17.15.43.png

but log says that

Schermata 2017-09-06 alle 17.14.26.png

I'm trying to test this service with Tractor sample (Alert is on ThingTemplate).

Someone help us?

Regards

Luigi

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:drichter)

Hi David

The message appear to be a warning, could you confirm that apart form this message, the anomaly detection does work ok ?

also you mentioned that this occurs each time you modify the value of the property.
Could you clarify how you modify the value (since it is inherited from the template I don't think you can manually modify it)

Is it possible for you to upload the following log:

- <tomcat>/logs folder

- ThingworxStorage/logs/applicationlog.log

Thank you

Kind rgeards

Christophe

Top Tags