cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Refresh

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

Refresh

While clicking button in one mashup, I want to refresh another mashup. How to do this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:AP_9587236)

Refreshing a mashup can be two concepts.

1. Refreshing the data displayed - you would use the click to trigger an event (using either session or mashup parameter perhaps) to fire a Service

2. Refresh whole mashup - you would now trigger into the Expression widget and do a location.reload()

Also there is a pathway through the use of 'GetProperties' Push Update from Server option, you would still need to use a Mashup parameter to convert a property update into an event.

Lastly and ugliest, would be a timer on the mashup you want to refresh, that 'checks' if it needs to refresh.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Refreshing a mashup can be two concepts.

1. Refreshing the data displayed - you would use the click to trigger an event (using either session or mashup parameter perhaps) to fire a Service

2. Refresh whole mashup - you would now trigger into the Expression widget and do a location.reload()

Also there is a pathway through the use of 'GetProperties' Push Update from Server option, you would still need to use a Mashup parameter to convert a property update into an event.

Lastly and ugliest, would be a timer on the mashup you want to refresh, that 'checks' if it needs to refresh.

Can you please eloborate about the use of 'GetProperties' Push Update from Server option. Where I can find this option and how to use it?

@PaiChung 

I have one mashup "X". This X mashup have two contained mashups "Y" & "Z". I have a button in Z mashup. If i clicked that, I want to refresh a page and land on the same page( X mashup having both Y & Z).

But iam able to refresh only Z mashup. If iam passing mashup parameter to Y mashup, it is just a value so iam not able to trigger the services.
Along with mashup parameter, in the same name event created in mashup properties, that event is not triggering the service. It is not doing anything actually.

How to refresh both Y and Z mashup separately.?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

You can use the Mashup Parameter value changed event or refresh requested event to trigger services in the contained mashup.

Mashup Parameter value is always same. Maybe that is why changed event is not working it seems. Does refresh requested have to be handled manually? How to trigger it by service/expression?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

You can either use an event to do a 'refresh request' in a child mashup and use 'refresh requested' to trigger necessary services.

Or you can purposely toggle a value that is passed as mashup parameter and use mashup parameter changed.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @AP_9587236

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags