cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Regarding Organisation.

Bhanu_Manoj
9-Granite

Regarding Organisation.

Hi Team,

Can someone help me understand where an organization is useful in thingworx?

If I am not wrong, I need to remove the permissions of a thing under an organization. Can you please let me know more information on adding and removing permissions to a Thing.

Thanks and Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Bhanu_Manoj,

Thanks for opening a post on ThingWorx Community.

Organizations are a mechanism used to control the visibility of data within ThingWorx. They are normally used in multi-tenancy situations, in other words, when the ThingWorx application is shared by multiple companies with each one only being able to view their own data.

In this type of scenario, each company has its own organization in ThingWorx. Each organization can be subdivided, if required, into a hierarchy of sub-units that could be used to model divisions within the company. ThingWorx entities (Things, mashups, streams, and so on) can be associated with particular organizations or their sub-units. Once such associations are made, only members of the specified organization or sub-unit can then view the entity. 

To get more detailed insight on a) How to create an Organization b) Assign Permissions and Visibility to ThingWorx Entities, please follow the links shared below:

Visibility in Organization

Configuring Visibility and Permissions for ThingWorx Entities 

Setting Permission for Collection and Entities 

If you have more questions, do let us know.

Regards,

Sudeepta  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hello @Bhanu_Manoj,

Thanks for opening a post on ThingWorx Community.

Organizations are a mechanism used to control the visibility of data within ThingWorx. They are normally used in multi-tenancy situations, in other words, when the ThingWorx application is shared by multiple companies with each one only being able to view their own data.

In this type of scenario, each company has its own organization in ThingWorx. Each organization can be subdivided, if required, into a hierarchy of sub-units that could be used to model divisions within the company. ThingWorx entities (Things, mashups, streams, and so on) can be associated with particular organizations or their sub-units. Once such associations are made, only members of the specified organization or sub-unit can then view the entity. 

To get more detailed insight on a) How to create an Organization b) Assign Permissions and Visibility to ThingWorx Entities, please follow the links shared below:

Visibility in Organization

Configuring Visibility and Permissions for ThingWorx Entities 

Setting Permission for Collection and Entities 

If you have more questions, do let us know.

Regards,

Sudeepta  

Top Tags