I have a created a Workflow Thingworx Trigger and corresponding 2 subscriptions getting created for that Trigger.One will be "me" and other is Custom defined.
But whenever I'm trying to Export application build(including workflow) to another TWX server,one of the subscription getting deleted automatically.
Below is the scenario:
1. Two subscriptions created once a Thingworx Trigger is created in Workflow. One of them is "ME".
2. Whenever this Workflow migrates to another Thingworx composer,the Custom subscription gets deleted automatically. And I would have to edit or run the workflow trigger to generate it again.
Is there any kind of setting/configurations need to be taken care of or its a default behavior of TWX Workflows whenever there is a migration?
Which version of ThingWorx are you running? Are you seeing any errors on either the export or import tasks?
If running on ThingWorx 8.5 or higher, have you considered using Solution Central for transferring to another machine?
I'm using TWX 8.5. There are no error pre and post Export.
I'm not using Solution Central but by bundling the application entities into an Extension and import it to other TWX server.
Can you provide specifics on your export/import process? How are you bundling it into an extension?
I'm using GitHub extension builder.
Bundling all the project specific entities(including Workflow Thing) into an Extension (zip file)-->Import it to other Thingworx server.
Not getting any error while this process but after the import is successful,getting the above issue.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Thingworx Flow
2. Create a workflow
3. Add a Thingworx trigger in the workflow and add an event with a Datashape and Save.
4. Goto corresponding server composer
5. Goto Workflows (Thing)
6. Goto Subscriptions
7. You can see 2 entries.(one will be of type "me" and other will be Datashape based ,you defined in step 3). I also want to understand,why 2 entries getting created for every trigger?
Now if you import it to other composer,the Datashape based event subscription gets deleted.
Instead of bundling the entities for import, please try to import them manually. This should help to identify the cause of the problem.
But why its creating two subscriptions when a Thingworx Trigger with event is created in Flow?
Is it a default behavior to create 2 subscriptions for an event based Trigger?
Is the event triggered only on one DataShape. Or did yo0u create any other triggers in workflow.