cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Remote Access Using ThingWorx to end device with windows operating system

PG_CG
6-Contributor

Remote Access Using ThingWorx to end device with windows operating system

Does ThingWorx provides any feature to support Remote Access to edge device with Windows Operating system. It should support voice call and pointer feature to assist the user at edge side.

5 REPLIES 5

@PG_CG 

Refer following help center guide, let me know if it is not the information you are looking for.

Regards,

Sachin Sharma

PG_CG
6-Contributor
(To:SachinSharma)

@SachinSharma 

But does this support voice chat/talk.

@PG_CG 

I don't think it does but I am not 100% sure because I have never used it.

Regards,

Sachin Sharma

ThingWorx Remote Access Client establishes to the device a TCP tunnel. After this, it is your task to find out which third party software could allow you to initiate a screen sharing session with audio (I assume you want bidirectionally).

ThingWorx does not contain built in screen sharing capabilities, just the capability to create a secure connection (TCP tunnel) between the user's browser and the device.

One of the most frequently used servers out there is RealVNC (or any other VNC server), but they allow only screen sharing (meaning also guidance).

Microsoft's RDP is also a solution very similar to VNC, and you need to investigate if it can be configured to use bidirectional audio.

Top Tags