cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Remote property: start type reado edge value issue on server restart

AViñeta
9-Granite

Remote property: start type reado edge value issue on server restart

I am reading several read only properties from a kepware opc server and I have them configured to read from the edge on start. Whenever I reset the thing it works fine but it fails to read them on server reset. Is that working as intended? And if so how can I read the edge values on server restart?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
geva
14-Alexandrite
(To:AViñeta)

No it does not work as expected - it is described in the ThingWorx release notes under known issues (TW-78472).

The connection between ThingWorx and Kepware has been rearchitected and the fix versions are forthcoming.  Once released, you will need to upgrade both ThingWorx and Kepware and then the issue should be gone.

The problem is that it connects, sees the property configuration set to read from edge on start, however is not yet subscribed to the property so cannot read it.  Until the issues is addressed, you should not use "Read from Edge" as this can cause a race condition which can potentially lead to no data coming into the property.

TonyZhang
13-Aquamarine
(To:AViñeta)

Hi AViñeta,

It appears that the response from @geva answers your question.  For the benefit of other Community Members who may have the same question, it would be great if you could designate it as the Accepted Solution.

In the event that this response did not answer your question, please post your current status so that we can continue to provide support.

Thanks for using the PTC Community!

Regards,

Tony

Top Tags