cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Reset to default value only when all the fields are filled

MM_9023322
14-Alexandrite

Reset to default value only when all the fields are filled

Hi all,

I have a form, which has 2 text box and 2 drop downs for entering the data. When I click on save button my data gets saved into an datatable and all the fields gets reset to default value. I have also added few checks for missing fields, but when any field is empty my all the entered data get reset to default value. I want to hold this data if any field in empty and reset only when the all the fields are filled. How this can be achieved?

Thank you!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:MM_9023322)

I probably would validate all inputs and use those returns into an expression the expression then triggers the save and the save service on complete triggers the field reset

if the expression evaluates to 'not everything filled in' I would trigger a status message informing the user of missing inputs. or you can use the validators for that so it is specifically tied to the input.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

I probably would validate all inputs and use those returns into an expression the expression then triggers the save and the save service on complete triggers the field reset

if the expression evaluates to 'not everything filled in' I would trigger a status message informing the user of missing inputs. or you can use the validators for that so it is specifically tied to the input.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @MM_9023322.

In addition to @PaiChung's response, the ThingWorx Help Center provides more details around the Validator function.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags