cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Save Message Display on Click of save button

svisveswaraiya
17-Peridot

Save Message Display on Click of save button

Hi,

I wanted to give a popup message on clicking a button.

Instance: I am using a save button which saves the report.Here,

On clicking the save button i wanted to display a pop up which says "saved successfully".

I have written a validation like "not null" values will not get stored, so if anyone tries to save with null values the popup should say "Save Unsucessful"

Please provide some idea. 

How can I make it possible?

Thanks,

V.Shalini.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Good day @svisveswaraiya,

Another possibility you can do is to use the built-in service notifications of the service you fire. This can be found in the services area of the mashup on the right the blue arrows. If the service is completed without an error or not completed it gives a popup message (see below images). I however do not know of a way to display the reason for the error. 

2018-06-05 8-31-50 AM.png

2018-06-05 8-27-32 AM.png

Hope this helps.

Johan Bester

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

From the validation result you can use a Validator/Expression widget .And if the validation result is passed to Validator widget ,then it can be evaluated on the expression property in widget .Also there are true and false event from Validator widget ,you can use them according to the expression and pass it to the status message widget .There is a service showMessage in status message widget which can populate appropriate message on the mashup.

Good day @svisveswaraiya,

Another possibility you can do is to use the built-in service notifications of the service you fire. This can be found in the services area of the mashup on the right the blue arrows. If the service is completed without an error or not completed it gives a popup message (see below images). I however do not know of a way to display the reason for the error. 

2018-06-05 8-31-50 AM.png

2018-06-05 8-27-32 AM.png

Hope this helps.

Johan Bester

Hi Johan,

Thanks a lot. It helped me and I am able to display it.

Top Tags