cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Selectively display buttons on mashup based on User/Role/Organization

Raccone
10-Marble

Selectively display buttons on mashup based on User/Role/Organization

Dear devs,

I am asking this question because I would like to know if it's possible to display certain buttons on a Mashup only to certain Users, and if it is, what's the best approach in doing so, i.e., filtering at User level, User Group level, or something else.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nmilleson
17-Peridot
(To:Raccone)

@Raccone ,

You can certainly do that.  Create a service with a BOOLEAN output and bind that to the 'visible' property of a button.  In that service, input the user name and use services like:

Users[<userName>].GetOrganizations or Users[<userName>].GetOrganizationalUnits or

Groups[<userGroupName>].GetGroupMembers

to determine whether or not the user should see the button. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
nmilleson
17-Peridot
(To:Raccone)

@Raccone ,

You can certainly do that.  Create a service with a BOOLEAN output and bind that to the 'visible' property of a button.  In that service, input the user name and use services like:

Users[<userName>].GetOrganizations or Users[<userName>].GetOrganizationalUnits or

Groups[<userGroupName>].GetGroupMembers

to determine whether or not the user should see the button. 

Hello @nmilleson,

It looks like a good solution for me, I will try it out and come back if needed!

Thansk

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:nmilleson)

Hi @Raccone.

If you are satisfied with the response from @nmilleson, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for your participation in our community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags