cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Send an event or message to Windchill method server

BryanK
14-Alexandrite

Send an event or message to Windchill method server

Hello All,

Some background:

We have a mashup in ThingWorx that updates a database with some information.

We have a listener in Windchill that will read that data and update a list of parts.

What we would like to do is send an event / message from thingworx to the methodserver so that the listener can do its job. 

I have looked at the WRS and there doesn't seem to be any way to do this.

Some of the options that i have looked at are, 

1. Creating a part/document then deleting it (not a great solution)

2. Updating a task (also not a great solution)

3. Infoengine query (nothing is written to the methodserver)

Does anybody have any ideas how to achieve this? 

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarekP.Nowaczyk
14-Alexandrite
(To:BryanK)

Bryan,

The integration between ThingWorx and Wind-chill uses REST API to communicate so you need to have REST API in WC TWX can invoke to do what you need to do. You can have REST API that will do directly what I assume the listener code does or API that will create an event in WC that will then trigger listener code. Any of these Rest API I assume will have to be custom developed using documentation in WRS guide.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
MarekP.Nowaczyk
14-Alexandrite
(To:BryanK)

Bryan,

The integration between ThingWorx and Wind-chill uses REST API to communicate so you need to have REST API in WC TWX can invoke to do what you need to do. You can have REST API that will do directly what I assume the listener code does or API that will create an event in WC that will then trigger listener code. Any of these Rest API I assume will have to be custom developed using documentation in WRS guide.

Hope this helps.

Top Tags