We demonstrated a problem of Thingworx Composer which tested on 7.1.3 and 7.2.1.
Service and Configuration of ThingTemplate which created from Java SDK (Java code) disappeared after any editing on Thingworx Composer
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create any tiny really simple ThingTemplate (editable: on) with one simple service and one simple configuration table by eclipse Thingworx extension SDK (Java SDK).
Sample is attached with this discussion ( EclipseProject_test.zip )
2. Build it and create zip file of this extension which developed by eclipse Thingworx extension SDK (Java SDK).
3. Import into Thingworx Composer.
Sample is attached with this discussion ( ThingworxExtension_test.zip )
4. Open the ThingTemplate in the Thingworx Composer which we created.
5. Do any edit and save this ThingTemplate (e.g. modify the visibility or edit any field in the general information section)
6. Close the Tab of this ThingTemplate
** [Problem occurs] 7. Re-open this ThingTemplate, you can find the Configuration section is disappeared and our simple service in the Service section also disappeared.
It's a bug of Thingworx Composer of supporting extension which created by Java Extension SDK?
We tried the latest version of Thingworx Composer (7.2.1-b71), Java Extension SDK (7.2.1-b71) and eclipse Thingworx extension plugin (220.127.116.11608021836).
I think it may be the Thingworx Composer mis-understand it as ThingTemplate which created by Composer. The ThingTemplate which created by Java Extension SDK may cannot do any edit (even allow the option of editable) if this problem is not the bug of Thingworx Composer.
Sorry for the long delay. This is definitely a bug, and it is not yet reported. I'll send something in to the development team, though there are many bugs with editable thing templates in the extension SDK. Right now we recommend building the templates in ThingWorx, and then exporting them and including them in the SDK as xmls.
I hope this helps!
same problem for us.
Still not corrected with version 7.3.1
Verry annoying when is reduces to nothing your work of several months...
Just to update this thread with Jira which has already been filed for this issue, please visit this article for more detail : https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS246987&lang=en_US
In short, having isEditableExtensionObject= true for a Java-based extension ThingTemplate is not a supported use case and the ThingWorx Extension Guide will be updated accordingly.