cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Service result "All Data" string output

benr
1-Newbie

Service result "All Data" string output

I'm working with a mashup where I have the output from one service feeding the input of another service. I've expanded the "All Data" piece of the first service and dragged one of the String outputs into a String input parameter of the second service.

What I would expect to happen would be that the receiving service would receive some sort of collection of all the values of that column - perhaps a json string? But what appears to actually happen is that the receiving service only receives the value from the first entry - the rest of the data is lost.

What is the easiest way to send all of that data to the receiver? The only thing I can come up with would be to send/receive the entire infotable, but I am hoping there is an easier way.

3 REPLIES 3
paic
1-Newbie
(To:benr)

The All Data bar represents the whole table.

A single property under All Data always represents the first row, the specific value in that selected column.

The Selected Row bar represents the full row of what is selected of that DataSource in a widget

A single property under Selected Row represents the selected row of that DataSource as selected in a widget, for the specific value.

benr
1-Newbie
(To:paic)

Gotcha, thanks Pai - can I then infer that if you have multiple rows selected, the string property for the Selected Items would represent that column's value of the first row in the selection?

KSM
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite
(To:paic)

Hi Pai,

in my case, my service input is infotable and i bind alldata (grid data)of one service to that input. i tried to execute that service to find number of rows then i got 0 rows.

my requirement is first service output is of type infotable and data which will display on grid that data i want to store in another infotable which is input type of another service. could you please suggest any ideas.

Top Tags