cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Session variable does not seem to retain value

Willie
16-Pearl

Session variable does not seem to retain value

To test that it is not retaining value, I bound it in the following ways in the same mashup.  Nothing displays in the label.

1.  List widget (Service (SelectedRow(String))) ==input==> Session variable (String) ==output==> Label widget

2.  Textbox widget (Text (String)) ==input==> Session variable (String) ==output==> Label widget

When I bypass the Session variable, it works fine.  The label displays the string from list/textbox widget.

1.  List widget (Service (SelectedRow(String))) ==> Label widget

2.  Textbox widget (Text (String)) ==> Label widget

Thingworx 8.4.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Willie
16-Pearl
(To:visla)

Hi Vanessa,

I am confirming that it started working again without making changes on my end.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Willie)

So you are saying that when you make a selection or type in the text box that is wired to the session parameter and then back to your label, they do not show the value that you input?

Or if you are checking actual retention, I would create another mashup that has

session parameter -> label and open that one after you've set the values

"So you are saying that when you make a selection or type in the text box that is wired to the session parameter and then back to your label, they do not show the value that you input?"

Yes

I have a different mashup that I want to use the session variable for but since it wasn't working, I decided to test if it would even work in the same mashup.  I have other session variables that work but they were created before upgrading to Thingworx 8.4.1.  I'm not sure if it's related but after upgrading to Thingworx 8.4.1, new session variables do not seem to work.

Please see the attached.

"Or if you are checking actual retention, I would create another mashup that has session parameter -> label and open that one after you've set the values"

I've tried that too.  It didn't work.

Is this a bug?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

if you can, i would submit this to support

Okay, I just opened a support case.

visla
14-Alexandrite

Hello @Willie !

As we confirmed during our Case, issue is not reproducible anymore and behavior is working as expected.

Could you please mark this thread as resolved too?

Thanks!

Vanessa

Willie
16-Pearl
(To:visla)

Hi Vanessa,

I am confirming that it started working again without making changes on my end.

Top Tags