cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Setting properties in Repeater Widget is possible?

PedroZ
6-Contributor

Setting properties in Repeater Widget is possible?

Hi everyone,

I have a repeater widget on my mashup and i dont know to know if it's possible to set properties from the mashup that is inside the repeater to different things that are in the same template.

The purpose of this mashup is that, the user will set a value to the text box and this value that was set by the user will be sent to the property inside the thing.

The problem that i am having is that when i set a value to the text box, that value is being put on both things instead of just one of then.

Image of the Mashup below.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @PedroZ 

With the following design (attached files) i am able to update properties for individual thing from repeater widget.

Explanation to design

1. First created a thingtemplate named as newRepeaterTestTemplate - followed by creating two things named as thingA & thingB using newRepeaterTestTemplate as base template

2 . created propA & propB as properties in thingA & thingB respectively.

3. created services setpropA & setpropB in thingA & thingB respectively. these services just takes the input and set to properties at things.

4. created a newmashup with 2 text boxes and a button ( 2 text box with initial values set as 50 & 65).. values from these text boxes are mapped to services setpropA & setpropB and on button click both these services are called.

5. created a repeatertest mashup that has repeater widget( bounded to newmashup created in step4)

6. other datatable & datashapes in design just to have data on mashup.

with this when button is clicked under each repeater widget i am able to update the properties from both the text box to their respective mapped things.

i believe this is the ask ? kindly test and confirm that

if something else if required do let me know

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:PedroZ)

Hi @PedroZ.

Here is a link to information on the Repeater widget available on our Help site.  There is a link on How to Use the Repeater Widget that may help.  Note that it is recommended to use the Collection widget for better performance.

After reviewing and making your modifications, if you still have issues, please provide the following:

• Version of ThingWorx
  • Error message
  • Screenshot that actually shows the problem you are having

Regards.

--Sharon

PedroZ
6-Contributor
(To:slangley)

@slangley Thank you for the answer!

I will rephrase my question, probabily it's not very clear what i meant to say there.

The problem that i am having is that the values that i am setting for my properties on the mashup that my repeater is repeating, they are going for both the things instead of going for each one of them.

I'm putting my mashup view as a attachment.

The value for the first thing is set to "08" and the second one for "03".

After this, this values should go for each proper thing, but the result that i got is the value "03" going for both things.

My Thingworx version is the 8.0.6.

Hi @PedroZ 

With the following design (attached files) i am able to update properties for individual thing from repeater widget.

Explanation to design

1. First created a thingtemplate named as newRepeaterTestTemplate - followed by creating two things named as thingA & thingB using newRepeaterTestTemplate as base template

2 . created propA & propB as properties in thingA & thingB respectively.

3. created services setpropA & setpropB in thingA & thingB respectively. these services just takes the input and set to properties at things.

4. created a newmashup with 2 text boxes and a button ( 2 text box with initial values set as 50 & 65).. values from these text boxes are mapped to services setpropA & setpropB and on button click both these services are called.

5. created a repeatertest mashup that has repeater widget( bounded to newmashup created in step4)

6. other datatable & datashapes in design just to have data on mashup.

with this when button is clicked under each repeater widget i am able to update the properties from both the text box to their respective mapped things.

i believe this is the ask ? kindly test and confirm that

if something else if required do let me know

Thanks

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:rosharma)

Hi @PedroZ.

If one of the previous responses answered your question, please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags