cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Sparkplug Specification support in ThingWorx

VK_10079185
8-Gravel

Sparkplug Specification support in ThingWorx

Hi All,

Do we have any kind of decoders available for ThingWorx to read the MQTT data with Sparkplug Specification?

Currently I can read the data in encrypted format but I wanted to get it decrypted and get it as a JSON. Any help to understand this is appreciated.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:VK_10079185)

Hi @VK_10079185.

Unless one of our developers in the community have experience with this, you may have to Google it for more information.  Have you tried decrypting it before reaching ThingWorx?

Regards.

--Sharon

+1 on this...

After briefly looking on internet I was able to find a Java example here that you probably can take as an example to build your own Java extension for decoding the message:

https://github.com/Cirrus-Link/Sparkplug/blob/master/sparkplug_b/stand_alone_examples/java/src/main/java/com/cirruslink/example/SparkplugExample.java

I'm pretty sure there are also Javascript examples, though not sure about their dependencies hence my suggestion to use Java.

My research has provided similar results, that the next step will probably be an extension if the project goes that far.  Thanks for the comment.

Thanks for sharing this info @VladimirRosu, we are thinking to use HighByte here but I will definitely look into this.

Top Tags