cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Steam Sensor Bug?

byutz
1-Newbie

Steam Sensor Bug?

Hello All,

I have been developing an app with the edge .NET SDK and wanted to share something that I have found.  I thought I had an issue with the application I had built.  I noticed that during the first scan of processing, even though all the functions are being stepped through correctly, the thing properties were not being updated.  I could not for the life of me figure out what I had done wrong, so I went back to the original Steam Sensor example.  To my surprise, it has the same issue!  One interesting thing to note, is that if I add in a console read, gathering some sort of user response, the properties will actually update on the first scan.

I know this isn't a huge issue, but I would just like some clarification on why it is happening.  Is it a bug?  Or is there some sort of function that needs to be called right of the bat that is not being called in the original example?  Has anyone noticed this before?

Hopefully this will be useful to others, and save them 4 hours of troubleshooting a preexisting condition

4 REPLIES 4

Try adding some delay (3-5 seconds) before the very first scan to allow the binding to settle down.

Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:byutz)

Brian, quick question - do you have a static property? A property that sends in a value just once, like a boolean property and then never changes. Does that ever update after? What is the Cache Options set to on your remote property?

byutz
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

Aanjan,

My property cache is set to: Read From Server Cache.

And no I do not have any static properties at the moment.  Thanks!

Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:byutz)

Can you try switching to 'Fetched every remote read' as a quick test? This would increase your network traffic by a bit, depending on how often the properties are getting pushed/ updated.

Top Tags