cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Store Data in Data table

Keerthivarman
13-Aquamarine

Store Data in Data table

Hi, 

Can anyone explain how to store db data in data tables and how to retrive it in the mashup

thanks

keerthi 

4 REPLIES 4

After creating a DataTable based on it's ThingTemplate, you'll have available all the 'CRUD' Services and beyond to interact with the DataTable.

Also on the 'mashup' tab of the DataTable entity you'll have a CRUD screen.

More info: https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/Composer/DataStorage/DataTables/DataTables.html#wwID0EXOOX

Hi @Keerthi101.

Can you explain more about the source of the data?  Is it something you actually need to move to ThingWorx?  If you can describe your use case, we might be able to add to the information Pai has already provided.

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi,

I need to display the tools in the info table that is selected in the dropdown list  i,e if Mill is selected from dropdown the respective tool details should be show in the table.

db.png

Hi @Keerthi101.

Would it work for you to retrieve the details from the external database when a tool is selected from the dropdown?  If so, you can create a service to retrieve the details and bind that service to a grid or some other appropriate widget.  This will eliminate the need to store the same information in two places and it ensures that you're always pulling current information.

How to populate your infotable?  I assume the external system would be the system of record.  Is that correct?

Regards.

--Sharon

Announcements

Top Tags