cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Style Theme - Menu changes not work

bot1q
11-Garnet

Style Theme - Menu changes not work

TWX Version: 8.5.4-b222

... Changes in style themes have no effects to menu ...

Article - CS314775

In the Style Theme editor in ThingWorx 8.5, the options for the Menu element do not work for menus

Still not fixed that issue?

To be honest ... I want to see your testplans ... How you test???? This feature is allready beta since  8.4.5-b102

and stil not fixed? Why you change the status from beta if the known issues are still not fixed? 

Or do you have a sollution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi, 

In 8.4.x release the web component widgets and the theming support were beta versions.

In 8.5 web components and theming for web components turned official. However, we removed the theming support for legacy widgets, except for grids.

This means that starting from 8.5, the themeable widgets are only the web component widgets and the grids (Advanced and Tree).

All others (including Menu) and not themeable anymore and only support style definition.

I see that the theme editor still has the Menu section and this should be removed. I will report a bug for that.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bot1q
11-Garnet
(To:bot1q)

push

Hi, 

In 8.4.x release the web component widgets and the theming support were beta versions.

In 8.5 web components and theming for web components turned official. However, we removed the theming support for legacy widgets, except for grids.

This means that starting from 8.5, the themeable widgets are only the web component widgets and the grids (Advanced and Tree).

All others (including Menu) and not themeable anymore and only support style definition.

I see that the theme editor still has the Menu section and this should be removed. I will report a bug for that.

Okey thanks.

What is the best practice to do a menu?

Using the "legacy" menu and add some css to it?

Or this will be depricated this year?

Yes, please keep using the existing menu. It is not planned to be deprecated this year. 

Top Tags