cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Submenu is not visible for non-administrator users

lala_guliyeva
10-Marble

Submenu is not visible for non-administrator users

Hello everyone.

I have menu and one of the items is submenu. It's not visible for non-administrator users. All other menu items (links to mashups) are visible.

Maybe someone knows what can be solution? 

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@slangley Customer opened a ticket and it was resolved by adding the required Usergroup to the Group Associations field of the Menu. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello @lala_guliyeva,

It looks like a permissions issue. Make sure that the submenu menu (sic!) has the same permissions defined as the root Menu object.

Also, in your browser press F12 and go to Network tab, then reload the mashup. You should see some errors in HTTP requests, those errors will point you directly at the culprit. You should see similar errors in ApplicationLog as well.

/ Constantine

hello @Constantine ,

thank you very much for your answer. There is no errors in network log, and actually I'm pretty sure that it's not permission issue as well: let's say, I have menu A and menu B, and B is used as submenu in A and in this case I don't see B inside A as non-administrator user. But if I'll put B into separate menu widget as independent menu, I can see it.

it seems to me that this is really a bug from ptc side. Guys, does anyone know, how I can report about that? Thank you a lot!

Hi @lala_guliyeva.

We will need to open a case to do a deeper investigation into your configuration.  If you will provide me the email address and company name for an active ThingWorx support account (under private email), I will be happy to open the case on your behalf.

Regards.

--Sharon

@slangley Customer opened a ticket and it was resolved by adding the required Usergroup to the Group Associations field of the Menu. 

Hi @lala_guliyeva.

I have marked the response from the Tech Support engineer that worked your case as the Accepted Solution for this post.  If you disagree with the solution, please let me know so we can change it.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags