cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Textbox Widget takes input when clicked outside of the box

pshashipreetham
17-Peridot

Textbox Widget takes input when clicked outside of the box

I have to enable an Button based on the Input of the Textbox, used an Validator to check the input of the Textbox, based on a condition validator gives the true or false to the button.

Issue:

The validator get's invoked only when the data is entered in the textbox and then clicked some where else, the user wants validator to get invoked automatically without clicking somewhere else.

Shashi Preetham
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @pshashipreetham,

Can you please confirm which version of the product you are using.  The "Changed" event on the textbox widget originally functioned as you are describing where you had to click outside of the widget for it to fire.  This functionality was changed around 8.4 or 8.5.  The newer functionality of the "Changed" even fires as soon as there is a value change to the widget.  So keep this in mind that the validation code need to be simple and efficient.

Please see attached a simple mashup working as you desire created in 9.1.  The Button will be active if the value of the textbox is active or Active.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello @pshashipreetham 

Thank you for reaching out to PTC.

Please check this post and see if it helps you with your use case

Regards,

Toolika Dixit

hi @tdixit ,

Thanks for the reply, I have already gone through that post a 100 times that didn't work for me, the use case of that post and mine are totally different, in that post the issue got resolved by making changes in his use case not in the TextBox.

Thanks !!

Shashi Preetham

Hi @pshashipreetham,

Can you please confirm which version of the product you are using.  The "Changed" event on the textbox widget originally functioned as you are describing where you had to click outside of the widget for it to fire.  This functionality was changed around 8.4 or 8.5.  The newer functionality of the "Changed" even fires as soon as there is a value change to the widget.  So keep this in mind that the validation code need to be simple and efficient.

Please see attached a simple mashup working as you desire created in 9.1.  The Button will be active if the value of the textbox is active or Active.

Thanks,

Hi @TravisPickett , 

Thanks for the Quick Reply, we are using the 8.4 version of Thingworx!!

Thanks !!

Shashi Preetham

Hi @pshashipreetham,

If possible I would recommend updating to a newer version of the product.  If that is not possible the Text Field widget that is marked as Beta in the 8.4 version of the product has the support for the change event functionality you desire.

Thanks,

Top Tags