cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Thing data is cleared when ThingTemplate is modified

PGayathri
5-Regular Member

Thing data is cleared when ThingTemplate is modified

Hi,

We are creating things dynamically using Thingworx inbuilt service of Create Thing and applying invoke , restart methods also on that.Now when we edit Thing Template the data of things is cleared we are getting following error :Failed to load properties for Thing  from default property provider.

is anyone has clue on this.

2 REPLIES 2
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:PGayathri)

Do you mean the properties get cleared out?

You need to set properties to persistent in order to ensure they are not lost when a thingrestart is performed (change in the base template).

PGayathri
5-Regular Member
(To:posipova)

Hi Polina, Thanks for your response.

Please find below the whole scenario of my issue.

Initially I have created one Template and named it as let say "Sample Template", I have added some properties in it and make them as Persistent.

Now I have created one thing under this template, named it as "Thing1". In this case there is no issue with data of those properties which are saved in this Thing1 in all cases(ThingTemplate edit, save etc.....)

The Problem occurs in below case :

I have Created on ThingShape and added it for above ThingTemplate("Sample Template"). And I have created one more thing let say "Thing2" under this template. Now if I edit the template or just save it , the data in old thing "Thing1" is getting lost and data in new thing "Thing2" which was created after adding of ThingShape is working fine.

And this loss of data is observed not only with the adding of ThingShape to Template, adding of any Tags also.

Below is error message observed in Application Logs:

Failed to load properties for Thing (Thing1) from default property provider

[message: [1,018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the property provider.]]

Please let me know if I am missing anything to do after adding any shape or tag to Template.

Top Tags