cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

ThingTemplates not showing as implemented shapes for ValueStream

gsee
1-Newbie

ThingTemplates not showing as implemented shapes for ValueStream

I'm trying to create a new value stream, but the ThingTemplate that I want to log data for does not show up as one of the implemented shape choices. This is true for a stream and a value stream. Is there some way to connect the ThingTemplate or a property I need to change so that I can log it to a stream?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
ibanham
1-Newbie
(To:gsee)

I really recommend doing the Introduction to ThingWorx training course as this covers how to use both Streams and ValueStreams.

All you need to do when you create a ValueStream is to give it a name. You then link the value stream to the ThingTemplate for the Things that are to log data in the valuestream. In the property definition of the ThingTemplate (or the ThingShapes that define the properties of that ThingTemplate) set the properties that you want to be stored in the ValueStream to be "Logged".

Hope this helps

Regards

Ian

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:gsee)

Hi Gloria,

Please check this youtube video that answers your query.

Thingworx ValueStreams - Modeling - YouTube

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

gsee
1-Newbie
(To:ankigupta)

Hi Ian,

That video is really helpful, thank you for sharing. However, when I test with QueryPropertyHistory I get the headers without any data, even though the SQL queries are returning data that has been logged. Do you know why this might be happening?

Thanks!

Top Tags