cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

ThingWorx Analytics-Manager: Question regarding the data mapping process with a Time series Data set

DF_10027356
6-Contributor

ThingWorx Analytics-Manager: Question regarding the data mapping process with a Time series Data set

Hello all,

I have some questions regarding the data mapping process in the Thingworx-Analytics-Manager for creating an Analysis event.

Here are some basic information about the predicitve model: 

- I want to predict the Time to Failure (TTF) and have followed this instruction: https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tech-Tips/Predicting-Time-To-Failure-with-ThingWorx-Analytics/m-p/579897#M1095 

- In my model I used the function "useGoalHistory" becaus this showed better results for my usecase

- the data set is a time series data set

- ThingWorx Version 9.0

My questions:

1. In the Input Data Shape my goal variable appears ("TTF"). How can this happen? I thought that I have to map the goal variable in the Result mapping? Is this maybe caused by the fact that I am using the goal history?

2. One input parameter changed the datytype. During uploading the dataset on ThingWorx Analytics for training the model, the parameter was described as "Integer". Now when I want to map this parameter to the data of a Thing the parameter suddenly has the data type "Number". My problem now: Now I can't map the parameter to the data in the Thing because the datatypes don't match. How can I solve this problem?

Thank you already in advance.

Best regards

David

1 REPLY 1
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:DF_10027356)

Hi @DF_10027356 

Indeed you have the goal in the input datashape because you sue use goal history, this make the goal a input for the next prediction.

Regarding the change of data type, it might be good to open a case to Technical Support for further investigation.

As a test, you can try to manually change the data type in the datashape directly.
If you select your Analysis Model and select View > Datashapes, you will see the name of the datashape used.

You can then find them in Composer and change the type from Number to Integer.

Hope this helps

Regards

Christophe

Top Tags