cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

ThingWorx - How to Start

kchaithanya
8-Gravel

ThingWorx - How to Start

Hi All,

I want to connect Raspberry Pi to Thingworx for developing smart applications. I'm a beginner in ThingWorx, and have no idea about which ThingWorx software I need to install on my machine like ThingWorx Studio/ThingWorx Utility etc. Kindly help me for this to start my journey with IoT. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Krishna ,

As this is resolved now ,the problem was with keystore .It could not load kestore so deleted keystore file and restarted the server with deployment .

You can mark it resolved now .

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
KSM
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite
(To:kchaithanya)

If you have licensed version of thingworx then you can directly deploy in tomcat server and then start using otherwise go to thingworx site and register there so that you will get 120 days trial version.

Hi Mahaboob,

Thanks for your response. You mentioned Licensed version of ThingWorx, does it mean ThingWorx Platform 8.0 or ThingWorx connection server ? Please clarify. Also please let me know in which software I can get ThingWorx composer.

Regards,

Krishna

KSM
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite

Hi Krishna Chaitanya,

AM saying about thingworx.war file, if you have that .war file then deploy it on tomcat server otherwise register with thingworx foundation server.

Hi Mahaboob,

I almost done, anyhow unable to launch composer. Getting error like below

Any suggestions for the same ?

Regards,

Krishna

jebeck
6-Contributor

Krishna,

The Developer Portal has a guide for connecting a Raspberry Pi as well as a lot of other great content.  It has also access to free trials.

https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/guides/thingworx-raspberry-pi-quickstart

Hi Jeff,

This portal is really helpful. Thanks for sharing it.

Regards,

Krishna

Hi All,

Getting below error while trying to launch Thingworx...

Regards,

Krishna

Make sure you are using windows x64 - You can actually deploy without errors on an x32 but it will not start

Check the location of apache it should be C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation not in program files

Hi Krishna ,

As this is resolved now ,the problem was with keystore .It could not load kestore so deleted keystore file and restarted the server with deployment .

You can mark it resolved now .

Thanks ,

Mukul Narang

Hi Mukul

Yes now I'm able to launch Thingworx composer. Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Krishna

Top Tags