Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ThingWorx Support for SQLServer 2012

SOLVED
Level 7

ThingWorx Support for SQLServer 2012

Hi, this is my first post here and is a short one:

Is possible to use MS SQLServer 2012 as the database for a ThingWorx installation? If yes, what kind of issues/bugs we can found if we proceed with this setup in a test enviroment? And of course if applicable, the support (if any) that we can expect for such installation.

I already know from the documentation that only 2014 version and later are officially supported.

Looking forward for your comments/answers to this question.

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: ThingWorx Support for SQLServer 2012

Our recommendation is 2014, as stated in the guide; we have not tested on 2012 and hence cannot support or guarantee stability. You may "use at your own risk", however.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi Polina,

Thanks for your quick answer, but in this case my question is related to use SQL Server 2012 as the default DB for a fresh install of ThingWorx as detailed on the following guide using (here the recommendation is SQL 2014):

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/172634/en/Getting_Started_with_MS_SQL_Server_and_ThingWorx_1.pdf

I'm familiar already with the extension and the Jar diver files as I've been using them previously for other projects.

I just want to know if I can use 2012 and if its recommended for a production environment.

Thank you

Our recommendation is 2014, as stated in the guide; we have not tested on 2012 and hence cannot support or guarantee stability. You may "use at your own risk", however.

Polina, sorrye for the long delay in answering this question.

I understand what you're saying. At first opportunity I'll try to make a test install with 2012 version just to see how it works.

Thank you!!

Did that work?

Hi Valeria, yes it works, so far so good in my tests.

But as Polina mention in her answer, MSSQL 2012 is not supported so I can't recommend you to work with that version unless you or your customer have to. As it was my case at first, but after a brief discussion that include a sentence with the words "not covered by support" our customer was more flexible to work with 2014.

If you want more info on this topic, please send me a msg.

Best regards