cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Connect SQL DB to Thingworx

pbreidy
1-Newbie

Connect SQL DB to Thingworx

Hello,

I would like to know whether Thingworx can fulfil the following:

1- Is it possible to integrate an SQL database as a structured DB for our Thingworx implementation?

2- Is it possible to create our own SQL database structure, and make Thingworx use it accordingly?

3- Can we create our own HTML web forms and integrate them with Thingworx ?

4- Can we build our own APIs to push and pull from our SQL database (supposedly) serving as a structured DB for our Thingworx instance?

5- Can we build our own reports (dashboards, Listing, Live reports) and use your functions and controls to inject them with data?

6- Can we create our own controls and functions?

Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
jamesm1
5-Regular Member
(To:pbreidy)

1- Is it possible to integrate an SQL database as a structured DB for our Thingworx implementation?

• Yes, either via using the SQL database as the persistence provider for Thingworx (i.e. Postgres or MSSQL Server), by using the JDBC connector extension (for any database with a JDBC driver) from the marketplace (ThingWorx IoT Marketplace) or by exposing an API layer on top of the database.

2- Is it possible to create our own SQL database structure, and make Thingworx use it accordingly?

• Yes, see above; in this case you would use the JDBC driver approach

3- Can we create our own HTML web forms and integrate them with Thingworx ?

•      Yes, you can use the underlying REST APIs exposed by Thingworx in custom HTML web forms

4- Can we build our own APIs to push and pull from our SQL database (supposedly) serving as a structured DB for our Thingworxinstance?

• Yes, this actually happens automatically as you create web services to query (or write commands) to your SQL database via the JDBC driver approach -- every query or command exposes a RESTful endpoint that you can then use. You could also write a custom API layer on top of your database and Thingworx could interact with that API.

5- Can we build our own reports (dashboards, Listing, Live reports) and use your functions and controls to inject them with data?

• I'm not sure I see the difference between this and the HTML web form question? Could you clarify?

6- Can we create our own controls and functions?

• Yes
Top Tags