cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Thingworx 6 extension failed to import in 6.6

mak1
1-Newbie

Thingworx 6 extension failed to import in 6.6

I've built an extesion WMPPdf_Extension.zip (see attachment) last year for Thingworx 6. It was imported successfully. Even I've tested it today and it is imported successfully.

But when I tried to import the same extension for Thingworx 6.6, there is no problem in validation but cannot be imported.

I used itextpdf-5.5.9.jar in the extension, and I get the message in Thingworx 6.6.

Validation Results:com/itextpdf/text/pdf/PdfPageEvent

Anyone knows what could be problem?

Also I need link to new thingworx-sdk.jar to develop extension at client side.

5 REPLIES 5
ttielebein
12-Amethyst
(To:mak1)

There is an updated SDK for ThingWorx versions 6.6 and later. I'd advice downloading the Eclipse plugin for these later versions and copying your source code into a fresh project there. Then fix any errors in the project set-up, modify the metadata and try reimporting.

Here is documentation for the ThingWorx 6.6 extension sdk:

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/169064/en/thingworx_extension_development_user_guide.pdf

Hope this helps!

Tori

Thanks Tori,

I am exploring the new extenstion SDK, and I found that there is no  com.thingworx.system.managers.MediaEntityManager, com.thingworx.system.managers.ThingManager; 

So how to initialize MediaEntity

MediaEntity logoEntity = MediaEntityManager.getInstance().getEntity(logoLink);

and FileRepository

FileRepositoryThing fileRepoThing = (FileRepositoryThing) ThingManager.getInstance().getEntity(repoThingname);

ttielebein
12-Amethyst

Hello,

I believe MediaEntity is largely deprecated in ThingWorx versions 6.6 and later. What are you trying to do precisely?

I believe what you may be looking for is the EntityUtilities class. Please see the documentation located here, particular the provided Java file and let me know if this relates to your use case in any way.

Thanks!

Tori

Hi Tori,

Thanks

The java example is useful, but I could not see the documentation.

I have also found that EntityUtilities.findEntity() is a general purpose function and can be used to find MediaEntity, but to get a Thing ThingUtilities can be used: e.g,.

FileRepositoryThing fileRepoThing = (FileRepositoryThing) ThingUtilities.findThing(filerepoThingname);

Regards,

Mahboob

ttielebein
12-Amethyst

The article was not set to be publicly viewable. The Java was really the important bit, I think. Your extrapolation in using ThingUtilities is correct, and that is the recommended way to find them in versions 6.6 or later.

Glad to have been able to answer your question.

Best,

Tori

Top Tags