cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Thingworx 7.0.4 Error while importing Eclipse project (with some jars)

btunc
1-Newbie

Thingworx 7.0.4 Error while importing Eclipse project (with some jars)

Hi all,

I had an error, shown in the attached screenshots  "Checking ThingWorx system JARS conflict(s) detected" while importing one project.

Do you have any idea? Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:btunc)

Hi Burak Tunc​,

Are you trying to update an existing extension or import a new extension?

Try restarting your ThingWorx instance to see if it helps.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:btunc)

Hi Burak Tunc​,

Are you trying to update an existing extension or import a new extension?

Try restarting your ThingWorx instance to see if it helps.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

Hi Ankit,

I tried your suggestion and i solved this problem.

Thank you.

Burak Tunc

Burak Tunc​ Please attach screenshot of the Application log as well.

Restarting would might  not help here as its jar conflict issue.

I have the same problem Burak Tunc had. I'm going through the thingworx extension tutorial and it seems like he was as well. The conflict arises from the 4 jar libraries that the tutorial instructs to import. It mentions that the build path in the project should be configured to point to the twx-lib folder for these libraries but the folder is hidden from eclipse. I think it is the thingworx extension hiding this folder but I'm not sure. Is there a way to fix this error? I have attached the application log error for my instance.

ApplicationLog.JPG

I ran through the tutorial again and I was able to solve my issue by following this suggestion:

"Possible pitfalls: 1. JAR Conflict arises between two similar jars.

Solution: JAR conflicts arise when a similar jar is already present in the Composer database. Try to remove the respective jar resources from the       metadata.xml. Add these jars explicitly in twx-lib folder in the project folder inside the workspace directory. Now, build the project and import the extension       in ThingWorx Composer once again."

As well as fixing the name of the jar resource in the metadata.xml from "mythingworxweatherextension.jar" to "MyThingworxWeatherExtension.jar". It seems as though the Thingworx plugin removed all the capital letters from my project name when modifying metadata.xml file.

Top Tags