cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Thingworx 8.2 MSSQL unknown error

nromagnosi
4-Participant

Thingworx 8.2 MSSQL unknown error

Hi,

I've correctly installed Thingworx 8.2 on a virtual machine with Windows 2012 installed.

I'm using MSSQLServer 2017 Express for database.

In composer everything seems to work (creation of new Thing etc.)

There's only an issue I'm unable to solve.

If I go to:

Monitoring -- Log - Application

there are some errors logged:

Data store unknown error: Error occurred while accessing the data provider.

Error in writing to Data Table for Feature : twx_composer, Product: THINGWORX_FOUNDATION Error : Unable to store license usage data in data table due to error:Unable to fetch license usage data from data table due to error:com.thingworx.common.exceptions.DataAccessException: [1.018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the data provider.

What is causing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
visla
14-Alexandrite
(To:nromagnosi)

Looking at the last ThingWorx restart in the provided ApplicationLog, things look good to me while starting up:

2018-04-19 10:13:29.936+0200 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxPersistenceHandler] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Default Persistence Provider Package Name = MssqlPersistenceProviderPackage

2018-04-19 10:13:30.738+0200 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxServer] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Database initialization started...

2018-04-19 10:13:31.596+0200 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxServer] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Database initialization complete

But right at the end of the start up, something seems to fail:

2018-04-19 10:13:58.262+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: E.c.t.p.m.MssqlDataExceptionTranslator] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: pool-8-thread-1] [message: Il nome di oggetto 'data_table' non è valido.]
2018-04-19 10:13:58.276+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicenseFeatureSummary] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: pool-8-thread-1] Error in writing to Data Table for Feature : twx_shutdown, Product: THINGWORX_FOUNDATION Error : Unable to store license usage data in data table due to error:Unable to fetch license usage data from data table due to error:com.thingworx.common.exceptions.DataAccessException: Il nome di oggetto 'data_table' non è valido.
2018-04-19 10:13:58.284+0200 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxServer] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Thingworx Server Application...ON
2018-04-19 10:13:58.340+0200 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxBootstrapper] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Datastore database...INITIALIZED
2018-04-19 10:14:21.694+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: E.c.t.p.m.MssqlDataExceptionTranslator] [I: ] [U: Administrator] [S: ] [T: pool-8-thread-1] [message: [1.018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the data provider.]]
2018-04-19 10:14:21.706+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicenseFeatureSummary] [I: ] [U: Administrator] [S: ] [T: pool-8-thread-1] Error in writing to Data Table for Feature : twx_composer, Product: THINGWORX_FOUNDATION Error : Unable to store license usage data in data table due to error:Unable to fetch license usage data from data table due to error:com.thingworx.common.exceptions.DataAccessException: [1.018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the data provider.]

It looks like as if an SQL command being run by the "LicenseFeatureSummary" tries to access object "data_table" and this doesn't exist.

Is this a new fresh test installation? If yes, and you don't mind losing any existing data, you might want to try to start from scratch the configuration of the MSSQL Database and see if that helps (the script thingworxMssqlDBCleanup.bat is provided to wipe out the entire database object and data). Maybe something went wrong inadvertently when you configured the database for the first time.

If you cannot start from scratch because you cannot lose the existing data, maybe we can try to find out more details by enabling the Stack Tracing in ErrorLog as explained in this KCS Article:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS239982

And also enabling the ALL logging for ApplicationLog only while you start up the ThingWorx server (remember to disable it right after starting it up because it is too verbose).

In this second case, please provide new ErrorLog and ApplicationLog.

I hope that helps!

Vanessa

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
visla
14-Alexandrite

Hello!

Could you please provide the whole ApplicationLog containing those errors? It will help to have the whole context of the mentioned errors. You should be able to find it under /ThingworxStorage.

Thanks!

Vanessa

nromagnosi
4-Participant
(To:visla)

Yes sure.

Thannks for the answer.

visla
14-Alexandrite

Looking at the last ThingWorx restart in the provided ApplicationLog, things look good to me while starting up:

2018-04-19 10:13:29.936+0200 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxPersistenceHandler] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Default Persistence Provider Package Name = MssqlPersistenceProviderPackage

2018-04-19 10:13:30.738+0200 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxServer] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Database initialization started...

2018-04-19 10:13:31.596+0200 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxServer] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Database initialization complete

But right at the end of the start up, something seems to fail:

2018-04-19 10:13:58.262+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: E.c.t.p.m.MssqlDataExceptionTranslator] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: pool-8-thread-1] [message: Il nome di oggetto 'data_table' non è valido.]
2018-04-19 10:13:58.276+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicenseFeatureSummary] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: pool-8-thread-1] Error in writing to Data Table for Feature : twx_shutdown, Product: THINGWORX_FOUNDATION Error : Unable to store license usage data in data table due to error:Unable to fetch license usage data from data table due to error:com.thingworx.common.exceptions.DataAccessException: Il nome di oggetto 'data_table' non è valido.
2018-04-19 10:13:58.284+0200 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxServer] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Thingworx Server Application...ON
2018-04-19 10:13:58.340+0200 [L: INFO] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxBootstrapper] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] Datastore database...INITIALIZED
2018-04-19 10:14:21.694+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: E.c.t.p.m.MssqlDataExceptionTranslator] [I: ] [U: Administrator] [S: ] [T: pool-8-thread-1] [message: [1.018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the data provider.]]
2018-04-19 10:14:21.706+0200 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.s.l.LicenseFeatureSummary] [I: ] [U: Administrator] [S: ] [T: pool-8-thread-1] Error in writing to Data Table for Feature : twx_composer, Product: THINGWORX_FOUNDATION Error : Unable to store license usage data in data table due to error:Unable to fetch license usage data from data table due to error:com.thingworx.common.exceptions.DataAccessException: [1.018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the data provider.]

It looks like as if an SQL command being run by the "LicenseFeatureSummary" tries to access object "data_table" and this doesn't exist.

Is this a new fresh test installation? If yes, and you don't mind losing any existing data, you might want to try to start from scratch the configuration of the MSSQL Database and see if that helps (the script thingworxMssqlDBCleanup.bat is provided to wipe out the entire database object and data). Maybe something went wrong inadvertently when you configured the database for the first time.

If you cannot start from scratch because you cannot lose the existing data, maybe we can try to find out more details by enabling the Stack Tracing in ErrorLog as explained in this KCS Article:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS239982

And also enabling the ALL logging for ApplicationLog only while you start up the ThingWorx server (remember to disable it right after starting it up because it is too verbose).

In this second case, please provide new ErrorLog and ApplicationLog.

I hope that helps!

Vanessa

nromagnosi
4-Participant
(To:visla)

Thank you Vanessa.

It was a fresh install, so no problem for me to reinstall the database.

After dropping the database, recreating it and redeploying Thingworx.war everything seems to working.

visla
14-Alexandrite

Awesome, glad to know!

Have a great rest of the day! :)

Top Tags