cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Thingworx 8.5 Uncaught Error: Mismatched anonymous define() module: [object Object]

Gabriele1986
4-Participant

Thingworx 8.5 Uncaught Error: Mismatched anonymous define() module: [object Object]

Hello, 

The following error cause a lot of problems about widget runtime:

When loading extension widgets at runtime, the libraries used by the widgets trigger the following error:
Uncaught Error: Mismatched anonymous define() module: [object Object] https://requirejs.org/docs/errors.html#mismatch
at makeError (advanced-widgets-runtime-pre.js?_v=8.5.0:168) at intakeDefines (advanced-widgets-runtime-pre.js?_v=8.5.0:1254) at advanced-widgets-runtime-pre.js?_v=8.5.0:1452

This error is triggered because of the following script that loads dependency:
$('head').append('<script type="text/javascript" src="../Common/extensions/TimelineChartWidget-extension/ui/timelinechart/include/d3.v3.min.js"></script>');
To fix the error, you need to change the script as follows:
$('head').append('<script>' + 'window.defineBackup = window.define;' + 'window.define = undefined;' + '</script>' + '<script type="text/javascript" src="../Common/extensions/TimelineChartWidget-extension/ui/timelinechart/include/d3.v3.min.js"></script>' + '<script>' + 'window.define = window.defineBackup;' + '</script>');

I Tried to search in the thingworx direcotry, can you help me about this fix .
Where should I enter the corrections and how?

Thank you,

Gabriele
1 REPLY 1

Hello Gabriele,

Which extensions need to be modified is dependent on what you currently have installed on your ThingWorx Platform. All affected extensions needs to be modified in order to work on 8.5.0. This is the case until the release of ThingWorx 8.5.1 which is expected at the end of this month. 8.5.1 has modified this requirement so a manual update to the affected extensions is no longer required.

If you are unable to wait for or upgrade to 8.5.1 I would recommend you open a case with PTC Technical Support via the PTC Support Portal. If you would prefer you can send me your Customer Number and SCN via Private Message and I can open the case for you.

Top Tags