cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Thingworx Analytics Installation Issue

rsingh-8
4-Participant

Thingworx Analytics Installation Issue

Hi All,

I want to explore Thingworx Analytics. I tried with Thingworx 8 but that cannot be installed on Windows server and when i install it on my laptop, system becomes very slow because of hardware.

I tried to install Thingworx Analytics Server 7.4 on Windows Server 2012 R2 but again it doesn't complete after following guide.

I saw some similar discussion but that didn't hep. Please let me know how to fix it.

As per guide(CS236376), i have installed VirtualBox-5.0.40-115130-Win. Copied Packer and packer-post-processor-vhd in the mentioned folder.  Please help.

Thanks

Ravi

1 REPLY 1
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:rsingh-8)

Hi Ravi

The problem you have is "VT-x is not available"

There can be several reasons for that, but basically this is not related to ThingWorx Analytics, you would not be able to start any other VM in virtualBox either.

This usually means that virtualization is not enabled on the Bios, so you could restart you machine and check the BIOS if this is set.

However, VT-x could be enable but still get issue if there are conflict with other hyper visor. For example you may have to disable Hyper-V in Windows (Control Panel > Program & Feature > Turn Windows Features on or off )

Also if you are running your machine on the cloud, you would get this error. You cannot installed ThingWorx Analytics 7.4 directly on the cloud see https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS248425

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Christophe

Top Tags