cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Thingworx Grid Data Populating Issue

mariaSutton
8-Gravel

Thingworx Grid Data Populating Issue

Hi, 
I have a mashup that contains a grid that collects data stored in an infotable property. While testing with multiple users we noticed that while one user viewed the mashup the data loads just fine. However when a more users try to access the same mashup, the "first" user's grid will appear with no data while the second user is waiting for mashup to load. Once the second mashup completes, the first mashup will again display data however this data belongs to the second mashup. 
Is there a way to ensure that the data in a grid does not refresh if another browser is opened to the same mashup?

TIA 

1 REPLY 1

@mariaSutton ,

Is this Infotable property on a single Thing?  E.g. are user 1 and user 2 both accessing the same property on the same Thing?  If so, if you are writing to that Infotable property, it will affect both users since there is only one instance of a Thing. 

In other words, let's say I have a Thing called myThing, and in my Mashup services, I have SetPropertyValue and GetPropertyValue services bound for that Thing.  If User 1 writes to that property, User 2 will see it reflected in their mashup and vice/versa.  There is only one instance of a Thing in the ThingWorx Composer.  If you want that to be dynamic per user, you'll have to approach it differently.  Perhaps use a DataTable with an InfoTable property per User, or session variables if you don't need to persist the value.  Hope that helps.

- Nick

Top Tags